Friday, September 9th, 2022 9:00 AM CST - 4:00 PM CST
This is an online event
About the Instructor(s)
John LaPlant has worked in the hvac and plumbing contracting industry for over 50 years. And Vicki LaPlant has over 40 years in the industry. Both have worked with all sizes of contractors and learned the best practices, systems and ideas from the very best. John received the distinguished Servant Leader award from Service Roundtable in 2012. Vicki became a member of the HVAC Hall of Fame sponsored by Contracting Business in 2017. She received the Tom McCart Consultant of the year award in 2013. And is a recipient of the distinguished Servant Leader award from Service Roundtable. After 20 years of owning a consulting and training company specifically focused on the contracting industry, Vicki and John joined Service Nation in 2016 as business coaches and trainers. The ideas and tools that John and Vicki bring are practical and easily applied in the real world of contracting.
This Financial Workshop will review the Pay for Performance method and overview the its 2 common types of practice - task based and commission - both for technicians and installers.
Several variations of task based and commission systems combining hourly pay and commissions for hitting certain revenue goals will be shown. A discussion of how to calculate overtime when using Pay for Performance systems will also be explained.
Finally, the session will review how to introduce Pay for Performance to existing employees and get their buy-in for implementation.
After participating in this workshop, you will be able to effectively answer the following:
- What are the benefits of Performance Pay for the company?
- What are the benefits of Performance Pay for the employee?
- What are the key components of the Performance Pay system?
- How to formulate different compensation pacakges for technicians and installers.
- How to consider minimum wage guidelines, overtime policies, and incentives for your team.
- Have a concrete understanding of how to create a Performance Pay Implementation Plan.
Who should attend this course?
While anyone who is interested may attend this course, the target audience is:
- General Manager, Service Manager
What you need to bring:
- Attendees must access this online workshop from a computer.
- Please have a way to access your financials for use throughout the course.
- If necessary, the trainer will provide tools and templates to the attendees via email (sent to the email address registered) the business day prior to the start of the workshop.
Notice of Photographic and Media Recording:
Service Nation, Inc. may take photos and videos during this event. Please let us know if you do not consent.