These Terms and Conditions (''Terms'') apply to all events hosted by Service Nation Inc. dba Service World Expo (''Service Nation'') (each, an ''Event''). Your registration and attendance at the Event confirm your acknowledgement and acceptance of these Terms. These Terms are subject to change at any time, such changes are effective immediately upon publication.
1. Registration. Registration includes courses, written materials, and scheduled meals/receptions. It does not include housing, travel or personal expenses. Program contents are subject to change at any time in Service Nation's sole discretion. Service Nation reserves the right to accept or decline your registration, and the right to refuse entry or remove you from the Event premises in its discretion. The Service Nation Alliance meeting is exclusively for Service Nation Alliance members.
2. Taxes. Registration fees do not include any local, state, federal or foreign taxes, levies or duties of any nature including value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes (''Taxes''). You are responsible for paying all Taxes for which you responsible. Service Nation may invoice taxes to you and you will pay such taxes unless you provide Service Nation with a valid tax exemption certificate authorized by the appropriate taxing authority.
3. Ownership of Materials. Materials presented during the Event are the property of Service Nation and its licensors. Any recording, use, reproduction, or distribution of such materials without the prior written consent of Service Nation is expressly prohibited.
4. Cancellation & Substitution Policy. Registration fees are non-refundable. Substitutions are permitted up to 30 days prior to the start of the Event. Requests for substitutions should be made in writing to email@example.com and include the current registrant's information and proposed substituted registrant's information. These Terms will apply to any substituted attendees. In no event will Service Nation be responsible for any ancillary costs including hotel and airline charges or fees related to a substitution.
5. Data Sharing.
5.1. Third Parties. We will not share your personal information with third parties, such as meeting sponsors, without your prior consent. You may Opt-In if you wish to receive promotional materials from meeting sponsors as a result of your registration for the Event. If you Opt-In we will communicate your contact information (Name, Company, Email and Mailing Address Only) to these sponsors and you may receive promotional pieces related to the Event or the sponsors' services.
5.2. Participants. If you do not wish to share your contact information (Name, Company, Email and Mailing Address) with other attendees, please Opt-Out. If you Opt-Out you will not appear on the Event Attendee List or the Event mobile application.
6. Publicity Release. Your registration and attendance at this Event indicates that you: (A) grant full permission to Service Nation to capture your image or likeness by any audio and/or visual recording technique (including electronic/ digital photographs or videos) during the Event, and to store, use, reproduce and create derivative works of these images and recordings (including, but not limited to, for resizing, color correction or digital reformatting) in any media now known or later developed, including for any marketing or other promotional or editorial purpose; (B) waive any right to inspect or approve the use of the images or recordings; (C) waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the images or recordings; and (D) release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Conference Staff from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of the images or recordings, including but not limited to claims of defamation, invasion of privacy or rights of publicity or copyright infringement, or any misuse, distortion, blurring, alteration, optical illusion or use in composite form that may occur or be produced in taking, processing, reduction or production of the finished product, or its publication or distribution. It is Service Nation's intention that any derivative works will continue to accurately reflect the character and spirit of the Event and your participation in the Event.
7. Assumption of Risk. In consideration of the risk of injury while participating in the Event and as consideration for the right to participate in the Event, you hereby, for yourself, your heirs, executors, administrators, assigns, or personal representatives, knowingly and voluntarily assume all risks both known and unknown, hereby waive any and all rights, claims or causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising out of your participation in the Event and do hereby release and forever discharge Service Nation, its affiliates, managers, members, agents, attorneys, staff, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns from any liability resulting from any physical or psychological injury, including but not limited to illness (including COVID-19), paralysis, death, damages, economical or emotional loss, whether arising from your own or other's negligence, conditions related to travel or the condition of the Event location, that you may suffer as a result of your participation in the Event, including travel to, from and during the Event. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Service Nation, its affiliates, managers, members, agents, attorneys, staff, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns from any and all third party claims, demands and causes of action arising out of or relating to your participation in the Event.
8. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL SERVICE NATION OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OF ANY KIND OR NATURE ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS OR THE EVENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOSS OF REVENUE, PROFITS, SALES, GOOD WILL, OR REPUTATION. SERVICE NATION'S MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE EVENT OR THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT OF REGISTRATION FEES ATTENDEE HAS PAID TO SERVICE NATION FOR THE EVENT SUBJECT TO THIS AGREEMENT. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY ON WHICH A CLAIM IS BROUGHT, EVEN IF SERVICE NATION HAS BEEN NOTIFIED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE OR IF SUCH DAMAGE COULD HAVE BEEN REASONABLY FORESEEN.
9. Force Majeure. Service Nation will have no liability to you an account of any loss or damage resulting from any delay, failure or cancellation with respect to the Event, if such delay, failure or cancellation is caused, in whole or in part, by strikes, shortages, riots, insurrections, fires, flood, storm, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental action, disease, pandemic (whether or not declared), labor conditions, earthquakes, material shortages or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable contract of Service Nation. In no event will Service Nation be responsible for any ancillary costs including hotel and airline charges or fees related to a cancellation.
10. Governing Law and Venue. These Terms will be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. Each party hereby consents to the exclusive venue and jurisdiction of the federal courts of Texas. THE PARTIES FURTHER AGREE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, TO WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM, COUNTERCLAIM OR ACTION ARISING FROM THE TERMS OF THESE TERMS.
11. Miscellaneous. If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. No waiver by Service Nation of any term or right in these Terms will be effective unless made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Service Nation. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of these Terms will not be deemed a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other provision. These Terms may not be assigned by you without the prior written consent of Service Nation. This Agreement states the entire agreement of the parties regarding the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes all prior proposals, agreements or other communications between the parties, oral or written, regarding such subject matter.
Your registration and attendance at the Event confirm your acknowledgement and acceptance of these Terms.